Nexus™ is a high data rate free space optical (FSO) communications system with significant advantages over RF-based communications systems, including:
- Jam Resistant – Immune to RF jamming and interference
- Secure & Stealth – High directionality limit ability to detect and intercept
- Supports data rates that are orders of magnitude greater than RF links
- Low Size, Weight and Power (SWaP)
- Operable in spectrum constrained environments
- Supports long distance links
Nexus™ is available in two configurations: one for fixed platforms and one for one-the-move platforms, such as small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and Humvees. Nexus’s on-the-move configuration uses SA Photonics’ BeamDirector technology to enable full hemispherical beam steering.
Nexus™ insures robust and reliable operation throughout atmospheric turbulence and scintillation by using innovative techniques, including adaptive code rate forward error correction, physical layer retransmission, high bandwidth tip-tilt optical tracking, and autonomous acquisition and rapid re-acquisition. As a result of these techniques, SA Photonics was able to create a simple and compact, yet powerful system without the complexity and cost associated with adaptive optics solutions. Download the Nexus™ datasheet to learn more.
Download the Nexus™ datasheet to learn more.