MILOS is an underwater LIDAR imaging system for airborne and underwater platforms that is operable in deep water as well as turbid coastal water, where SONAR has limitations.
Unlike a traditional underwater LIDAR system, which is prone to low frequency backscatter that masks actual return signals, MILOS uses an RF modulated laser source to provide significant backscatter rejection, resulting in better target imagery. In addition, MILOS has sub-millimeter resolution that can precisely measure target textures.
MILOS consists of five primary sub-systems:
- Flexible, modulated light source supporting peak powers in excess of 5 kW
- RF coherent receiver with direct digital capture to provide highly accurate phase measurements
- Wide bandwidth, high sensitivity intensified photo diode
- 8 kV, 500 kHz switching high voltage power supply
- Integrated graphical user interface (GUI) to control functionality
Download the MILOS datasheet to learn more.