LOS GATOS, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SA Photonics will bring its innovative high resolution and wide field of view head mounted display systems to the 2017 Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC). Demonstrations will include a number of occluded, direct view (DV) and wide field of view optical see-through augmented reality (AR) head/helmet mounted displays (HMDs) at booth #618. Designed for airborne and ground training and simulation applications, the HMDs have full color resolutions of 1920 x 1200 per eye and fields of view (FOV) from 62 to 92 degrees. I/ITSEC runs from November 27 – December 1 in Orlando, Florida.
Demonstration highlights will include:
- SA-92/S AR HMD with head tracking demonstrating a fly-over of a San Francisco AECOM database.
- SA-62/S AR HMD with head tracking displaying aircraft objects in space within a WorldViz database.
- SA-62/SM AR eyewear displaying imagery from a Samsung S5 smartphone overlaid with the real world.
- SA-83/S convergent overlap AR binocular HMD that allows the user to correctly aim a weapon while still seeing the full graphical displayed FOV.
- SA-92 DV binocular HMD with head tracking in a flight simulator showing the increased situational awareness with a wide FOV HMD.
- New high brightness OLED-based AR displays for outdoor conditions.
- Clip-on HMD mounts for fixed wing (HGU-55/P) and rotary wing (HGU-56/P) helmets already using ANVIS NVG mounts.
SA Photonics does custom designs and custom mounting for all its products. Please stop by booth #618 for demonstrations and more information. More information on the I/ITSEC conference can be found at www.iitsec.org.
About SA Photonics
SA Photonics is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative photonics solutions for military and commercial applications, with particular expertise in optical communications, laser based sensors, inertial sensors, vision systems (including head mounted augmented reality displays), ruggedized photonics hardware, and complex analog and digital components for sea, air, space and ground applications. SA Photonics is a recipient of the Small Business Administration’s Tibbetts Award for outstanding success within the SBIR program, and is routinely listed by the Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 awards programs as one of the fastest-growing private companies in North America. To learn more please visit www.saphotonics.com.